Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Harlem Globetrotters Toronto 2012

When I was just a little boy, the advertisements on TV about this famed baseketball team was continuous. My father was not a basketball fan, so we never went to the game. Fourty years later, I actually attended this show with the famed group. I thought they were all from Harlem, but now it has become a bit of a circus act, with Tiny, a white guy standing 7 ft. 8 inches and Too Tall, a black guy standing 5 ft. two inches.

The mock game was entertaining for the kids, who actually believe that the Elite Team were trying to win. As a mature adult, it was fun, but not the same calibre of skill that I remember watching on TV 40 years earlier. I guess it is hard to keep the same level of skill going for so many years and not lose some of the spice.

For an evening of entertainment and kid fun the Globetrotters are still worth watching. At least once every 40 years.


The Adventure Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment