Thursday, October 16, 2014

Finding Your Zen

I recently completed my first novel entitled "Ski Zen Love- Lessons in Trailblazing." The book depicts my true story as a young adventurer travelling North America selling jewelery, skiing the best western ski resorts, and finding the epicenter of Freestyle skiing in Utah. At Snowbird I met my first Zen skiing mentor who introduced me to skiing with no thought. In the martial arts the concept is called empty mind. The story is the ultimate Zen Warrior tale, where we  lived in the moment and captured the essence of life and beauty of the west.

The book shares 11 Zen Warrior lessons which I assembled in order to help help readers get into the zone. This is achieved when one is pursuing the things required to be living life in harmony with ones intrinsically valued goals. This thought process is really the essence of life entrepreneurship. We must take responsibility for our time and invest it in experiences that are personally meaningful and rewarding.

The objective is to pursue activities where one can become lost  while practicing these challenges. In my case it was skiing, surfing and skateboarding. Later in life it expanded to martial arts, music and writing.
In my discussions with the editor of Concrete Wave, www.concretewavemagazine.com a leading skateboard magazine, we decided to find out how others find their Zen, and help more people get into their Zen zone. By helping people achieve their Zen we will achieve ours as well.

How do you Find you Zen? Check out my book below, now on www.amazon.com. to get my drift Write me a comment so we can expand and share with others.




The Adventure Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment