Sunday, December 27, 2009

Collingwood Skiing Xmas 2009 - Climate Change

I am currently in collingwood Ontario, where I have been skiing for the last 20 years. While I did ski Georgian Peaks today, the terrain was snow covered but over a man made base. There is virtually no snow in Toronto, and the only snow is on the hills and is man made. The temperature is mild and unusual, all enough for me to deduct our climate is changing.

How many years do we have left for skiing and outdoor hockey. My son only knows of indoor hockey rinks. I grew up outdoors in Montreal skating in -20. Today, I can barely find snow anywhere in Ontario to ski on.

More and more people are jumping on planes to go to exotic destinations. We import our foods from around the world burning fuel to bring them here. Maybe we should encourage local tourism and food choices as part of the Copenhagen Conference on climate change. Perhaps we have to see that all of our collective choices are causing the sports we love to be endangered. No snow in Tremblant in Xmas? None in vermont? None in Ontario?

There has got to be a way to get back under ecological control.

The Adventure Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment