Monday, December 28, 2009

Heidelberg Inn Collingwood - Spend a night not a fortune

I have been travelling to the Collingwood ski centers for nearly 20 years. I had always thought I would own a piece of Collingwood by now, but never made the plunge.

As an adventurer, I always felt I might want to check out a new destination each year and avoided being confined to this one location.

In its place, I have been a regular patron of the Heidelberg Inn. The advantages of being always able to find a room at a reasonable price on a short notice is the great advantage of the Heidelberg. The rooms are simple and maybe from the 70's but as a ski bum traveller it feels like the way I remember. The front desk owner is a friendly family man who is helpful and considerate. The building is made like a fortress, so there is now wind noise, and the rooms are dry and clean.

For the no frills adventure traveller to Collingwood it is a good 2 star hotel with the cleanliness of a 3.5 star and well worth a night, and not a fortune.

The Adventure Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment