Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ford Escape for Adventure Transportation

I recently purchased a new 2009 Ford Escape. With much trepidation about buying American vehicles, I made the plunge. Buying a US product is something I have not done in 20 years. However the ratings in Lemon Aid and the feedback from other owners, gave me the confidence to do it.

I am convinced that my purchase helped end the great recession in Canada and in the US.

The competition for me was between the new Toyota Venza, or the Ford Escape.

The cost of the Escape was less than the Toyota, and the financing was substantially below at 0%.

Based on the economics, so far Ford has won out.

However, the high road position is great for ease of entry ( I am 6'2") and the Venza would have been a hastle to get in and out of easily.

The Escape is smooth driving, quiet cabin, confident in the snow and reliable starting.

So far the Escape has exceeded my expectations.

Thank you America for producing vehicles that can keep up with the foreign products.

BTW I understand that the Ford Escape is actually a Mazda built on a 626 platform in Hoiku Japan and assembled in the US. That is where the great sporty feel and tight suspension and reliability comes from.

Onward road warriors.

The Adventure Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment