Sunday, April 19, 2015

Making The World A Better Place - One Zen At A Time

I received an email today from my leadership guru Robin Sharma  www.robinsharma.com. Robin is an ex litigation lawyer and best selling author of the  book, the Monk that Sold his Ferrari.  His subject today - The Reason We Fail. His message is that the paradox of success is that what we want isn't really what we want. He suggests that many people make cash their God. But its really the feeling of prosperity, abundance and freedom from fear is what they're after. Too many don't see it so they play a game that is not theirs and so they fail. They live a life that is not theirs.

The concept behind my story of Ski Zen Love is about pursuing your game and finding the core values and passions that make one unique. My thesis is that we live in the most affluent time in history yet more people are on anti-depressants than ever. That is because we are pursuing materialism as a source of happiness. The advertising agencies associate products, foods etc. with happiness but that does not really work long term. The new term  for happiness is positive psychology. We are burning up the planet making stuff to create a sense of happiness.

My message is to pursue experiences that enrich your life and that help you achieve Flow in your life. A non materialistic remedy to modern urban life.

As I review the thoughts of my guru I thought I would wish you clarity in finding and  playing your game. One Zen at a time.


The Adventure Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment